Associate / Community Members
Fight Back America is the United Steelworkers (USW) Associate Member Program’s (AMP) Campaign to build power through community action by:
- Improving people’s lives
- Bringing people together to fight for good jobs
- A fair workplace
- Access to good healthcare
- A clean environment
- Strengthening union ties to all working people and our natural allies, such as students, environmental and human-rights advocates.
Fight Back America is reaching out beyond the traditional workplaces to anyone, no matter their job or profession. Anyone can join the Steelworkers, even if they don’t have a union where they work in the fight for global justice.
Nearly 25,000 people from all 50 states, Canada and a half dozen other nations have joined the AMP through organized events, media promotions, word of mouth, small group meetings, various grassroots activities, direct mail, the Web site and e-mail.
Our members come from a variety of backgrounds, including:
- Former USW members
- High school and college students
- Democratic, progressive, environmental, human rights and grassroots activists
- Educators, lawyers, and elected officials
- Blue- and White-Collar workers
- Retired workers, friends and family of Steelworkers
(NOTE: The United Steelworkers Associate Member Program is not a union hiring hall or an apprenticeship program. This program is to encourage information exchange, political activity and creative organizing. It is not a jobs program.)