Laid Off Members
The upheaval in the economy is causing major distress throughout our union and in the lives of thousands of our members. The United Steelworkers has put together resources that may be used as a starting point for locals and individuals facing a layoff.
The following resources can be used as a starting point for locals and individuals facing a layoff. It is important to note that the emotional toll can be just as great as the financial toll during a layoff. Turning to family, friends, professionals and others for support is both recommended and often critical to a person’s well-being in the event of a job loss.
Please contact us if you need assistance finding someone to talk to. Your union is working day and night to try to help you and your family.
- Apply for Unemployment
- Begin the Job Search & Other Employment Services
- Assess Your Finances
- Explore Health Care Options
- Get Information & Ask Questions
- Keep Your House
- Stay in the Steelworker Family
- Take Advantage of Dislocated Worker Programs
- Tap into Community Resources
- Trade Adjustment Assistance Services