Sign up for SOAR Chapter Membership today - Only $1 a month
SOAR provides a way for retired members of the USW and their spouses to remain a part of one of the most respected and effective organizations in America. SOAR recently expanded its membership to include other retirees who share our vision and interests.
Thousands of Steelworkers retirees have said they want to continue to be involved actively with their union. The United Steelworkers have created a way for you to remain active through SOAR. This will enable both the USW and SOAR to better communicate with all retired Steelworkers.
The best way for retired members to remain truly active and involved remains becoming a member of a SOAR Chapter. SOAR Chapter membership provides retirees and their spouses with a vehicle for continued social interaction with their friends and co-workers. The SOAR Chapters also serve as the focal point of legislative and political activity on behalf of the union’s members and all retirees SOAR Chapter members also receive a variety of other benefits including.
Their own newsletter (mailed in conjunction with USW@WORK in the U.S.) which specifically addresses the issues and concerns of retired workers. This is mailed four times a year.
- A SOAR Chapter membership card.
- A new member kit that contains a very attractive SOAR lapel pin and informational pamphlets related to retiree issues.
- Access to the AFL-CIO Union Benefit Program.
- Instant updates on issues and events through the Chapter Rapid Response Program.
- The opportunity to continue to be involved and make a difference on issues of importance to retired workers and their families.
How can you become a SOAR Chapter member?
The dues are $12.00 per year for a retired USW member or like-minded retiree and $3.00 per year for a surviving spouse or widower of a USW retiree.
Click here for an application or call 1(866)208-4420 and request one be sent via U.S. mail.
SOAR Vice President
SOAR Vice President (West)