The FIGHT BACK STARTS HERE
Please see the links to TV shows, articles, and websites below that examine the right wing attack on public service workers. In one, USW President Leo Gerard talks with MSNBC host Keith Olbermann about the attack. In your Fight Back, you can tap these resources for information and inspiration – as well as join forces with our natural allies in other public sector unions: AFSCME, SEIU and others.
TV Coverage on the Attack on Public Service Workers
Other Resources on the Attack
- Center for American Progress' Dave Johnson: Ten Holiday Attacks On Public Employees
- Calitics' Robert Cruickshank: House Republicans Plan to Force California Into Bankruptcy to Bust Unions.
- Crooks&Liars' Susie Madrak and Jon Perr: Take A Good Look At Post-Blizzard New York City. This Is What Our 'New Austerity' Will Look Like, and 590,000 Republican Lies About Public Employees.
- DailyKos' Joan McCarter: House GOP intend to destroy public employee unions.
- FireDogLake's David Dayen: In Unfolding War on Public Employees, State Lawmakers and Media Likely to Do the Work Themselves.
- Fortune's Katie Benner: The public pension bomb - How states like New Jersey have underfunded pensions and given tax cuts to the wealthy.
- Gawker's Hamilton Nolan: The Plan to Blame Unions For Everything
- Brave New Films' video calling out right-wing misinformation on workers' wages, pensions, state budget deficits and tax cuts for the rich.
- AFSCME's new "Stop the Lies" campaign to call out talking heads on like Rush Limbaugh on their mistruths about public sector workers.
Stay tuned for more about the fightback