USW Co-Ops: Resources and Updates
Welcome to the USW's site for Union Co-ops.
On March 26, 2012, the USW, Mondragon, and the Ohio Employee Ownership Center (OEOC) announced its detailed union co-op model for developing sustainable jobs using the combination of worker ownership and the collective bargaining process. Click here to read the press release . Click here to download the union co-op model template.
Watch this highlight video from the March 26 press conference. (Scroll below the video for the rest of this page.)
At the 2011 USW Constitutional Convention, USW delegates passed a resolution called "Workers' Capital, Industrial Democracy and Worker Ownership" to promote worker ownership and the development of union co-ops.
About the USW/Mondragon Collaboration:
The USW and Mondragon, the world's largest worker-owned cooperative, announced our collaboration on Oct. 27, 2009, to develop union co-ops in the United States and Canada.
- Ohio Employee Ownership Center
- US Federation of Worker Cooperatives
- Union/Co-ops Council of the USFWC
- Canadian Worker Co-op Federation
- Western Labour-Worker Co-operative Council
- National Cooperative Business Association
- National Cooperative Bank
- Cooperative Fund of New England
- Northcountry Cooperative Development Fund
If you would like to contact us for more information or if you're interested in forming a union co-op, please click here.