If you want to organize your work place, the USW is there for you! Peruse our online Organizing Tool Kit for information on how to get started, then contact us via the Web form, or call our organizing hotline at 1-877-511-8792.
- A Brief History of Unions Unions remain as important today as in any time of our history. Though issues facing the Union and its members have changed over the last century, our basic philosophy has not.
- Know Your Rights Did you know there are federal laws in place to protect workers interested in forming a Union? Itís true. You may be surprised to learn that many activities, some even on company property, are completely protected by our federal government.
- What Is a Union? Most of us carry insurance on our cars and homes, even our lives. Try thinking of the Union as an insurance policy for the workplace.
- How to Get Started The process of organizing and forming a Union is not as complicated as you might think, though it does require time, patience and some hard work.
- Free Choice Act Legislation gives American workers a free choice to gain a voice at work.
- Union Workers Are More Productive Want a job done right and done quickly? Use union workers!
- I'm a professional. What can a union do for me? By joining with your colleagues in a union at your work place you benefit in many ways.